Buck the American Dream and change the world one decision at a time.

Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to The Revolution Starts Now: Buck the American Dream.

I'm bucking the American Dream. I know countless others are, too. You see, the American Dream just doesn't work for me anymore. What's the point, anyway: to own my own home, have my own car, buy new shiny things, make old white guys rich, and then die in debt with my body full of cancer?

Not for me.

I bet it's not for you, either.

So what are we going to do about it? Whatever we want.

One decision at a time, I say we change the American Dream. I say that it's our generation's time to decide what the American Dream should be, and they can all go buck themselves if they don't like our definition.

So, one item at a time, one decision at a time, I'm going to mark my family's progress in Bucking the Dream, and replacing it with a new dream: independence.

Right now, we live a fairly normal life: battling the exes for the kids' sake, living in a posh neighborhood because the schools are better, commuting to work in industry and Corporate America.

Come with us on our journey! We can all carpool to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment